2023 Mercedes-Benz GLE Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $57,700 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0L Inline-4 Turbo (255 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque) or available 3.0L Inline-6 Turbo with EQ Boost (362 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque)
- 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic transmission on all GLE models
- Rear-Wheel Drive or optional 4MATIC® fully-variable All-Wheel Drive
- MBUX Interior Assistant with hand and arm movement recognition
- Available enlarged panoramic sliding sunroof with a 50% larger viewing area
- Standard MBUX with Voice Control, dual-12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, and 12.3-inch touchscreen multimedia displays
- Revolutionary E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL system — the world’s most intelligent SUV suspension developed by Mercedes-Benz
About the Mercedes-Benz GLE
After essentially inventing the “Luxury SUV” class 20 years ago, the Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV remains the benchmark for today’s luxury SUVs. Up front, signature LED Daytime Running Lamps slope elegantly into the chiseled profile of the GLE with glowing arcs. Large wheel options for the GLE range from 19 to 22 inches in size and confidently accent its commanding wheel arches. Powertrain options include a standard 255-horsepower 2.0L Inline-4 Turbo or available 362-horsepower 3.0L Inline-6 Turbo with EQ Boost. The E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL system, the world’s most intelligent SUV suspension pioneered by Mercedes-Benz, helps redefine on-road comfort and handling. Inside the cabin, all occupants will enjoy a premium interior that includes advanced tech and driver-assistive features. Industry-leading safety systems help drivers stay ahead of danger and protected from the unknown inside the Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV.
What the Critics Say
To say the new GLE is good is akin to saying the Burj Khalifa is tall. It’s a true statement, but you’re leaving out most of the story. The W167 GLE is in fact somewhere between exceptional and superlative. A real heavyweight in the midsize class.” — Motor Trend
Mercedes-Benz’s latest GLE-class marries a luxurious cabin and a potent powertrain in a ruggedly handsome package. It’s the latest in a long line of luxurious off-roaders that started back in the late 1990s with the introduction of the M-class and is a huge improvement versus the outgoing generation.” — Car and Driver
Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV Features
Sophisticated Styling & Performance
Hit the streets with confidence with the muscular yet stylish look of the Mercedes-Benz GLE. Sitting atop a lengthened wheelbase with 3.1 inches of greater length than the last generation, the GLE can now be equipped with available third-row seating. A standard 2.0L Inline-4 Turbo produces 255 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. Choose the GLE 450 4MATIC® and you’ll enjoy a potent 3.0L Inline-6 Turbo with EQ Boost that provides 362 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque.
Enhanced agility, ride control, and new functions such as free-driving mode are each benefits of the available E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL suspension. Developed in-house by Mercedes-Benz, E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL includes a 48V operating voltage and is optionally available for engine variants with the 48V system. Individual wheel actuation is another new function for off-road driving, allowing your GLE to tread where other luxury SUVs fear to.
Luxuriously Versatile Interior
Giving you space to accommodate all of life’s necessities, the cabin on the Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV has plenty of room to help create new possibilities. Second-row seating is available with six fully electric adjustments, a first in the SUV segment. The distinctive raised center console helps create an inviting contrast with the free-floating appearance of the dashboard. By using the EASY-ENTRY® function of the fully electrically adjustable second seat row, it’s more convenient than ever to access the back seat. The GLE comes equipped with the latest generation of the multimedia system MBUX – Mercedes-Benz User Experience. This groundbreaking system includes twin 12.3-inch screens as standard, which are arranged in-line with each other for an impressive widescreen look.
Technology & Safety Innovations
Drivers can personalize the look of the interior with Classic, Sport, Progressive, and Understated moods on the Instrument Cluster Display and the multimedia display. The available MBUX Interior Assistant also allows intuitive, natural operation of different comfort and MBUX functions by using movement recognition. Intelligent Voice Control has also been enhanced with Natural Language Understanding, and is activated by the keyword “Hey Mercedes”.
Advanced safety technologies help the GLE remain one of the safest luxury SUVs available in the segment. The latest generation of Mercedes-Benz driver assistance systems provides real-time support to the driver. These include Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Brake Assist with Cross-Traffic Function, and Active Stop-and-Go Assist. To identify traffic jams, Active Stop-and-Go Assist evaluates the road category, speed, and distances from vehicles traveling ahead and in adjacent lanes.
Trims & Specs
GLE 350 SUV (4MATIC® Available)
- Starting at $57,700 MSRP*
- 2.0L Inline-4 Turbo (255 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque) with 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic transmission
- MB Navigation with no-charge navigation map updates for 3 years
- Power heated front seats with driver-seat memory functions
- Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX)
- KEYLESS GO® and Remote Start via Mercedes me Mobile App
GLE 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Starting at $66,450 MSRP*
- 3.0L Inline-6 Turbo with EQ Boost and ECO Start/Stop system (362 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque)
- Active Brake Assist, Active Parking Assist, and ATTENTION ASSIST®
- Power tilt/sliding sunroof
- Available Burmester® High-End 3D Surround Sound system
- Optional Multicontour front seats with massage
*Base MSRP excludes transportation and handling charges, destination charges, taxes, title, registration, preparation and documentary fees, tags, labor and installation charges, insurance, and optional equipment, products, packages and accessories. Actual vehicle price may vary by Dealer.
**Burmester® is a registered trademark of Burmester Audiosysteme GmbH, Berlin, Germany