Mercedes-Benz Battery Service
Mercedes-Benz Brake Service Near Canton And Cuyahoga Falls, OH
The battery in your Mercedes-Benz can often be overlooked — or even forgotten about. It dutifully provides the power needed to start your car or to crank-up the volume on the radio. Today, dozens of computers work together to deliver the world-class driving experience you expect from your Mercedes-Benz, and your battery provides power to all of them. So let’s take a look at a few helpful battery maintenance tips to help you take care of your Mercedes-Benz battery so it can take care of you!
Battery Maintenance Tips
- Check for and clean corrosion around battery terminal posts (+/-). Buildup of corrosion could be a sign of a dying or weakening battery.
- Tighten any loose clamps or cables around battery terminals.
- Remember to turn off headlights, radio, and interior lights when not in use. This reduces excess drain and will extend the life of your battery.
- Check the date code listed on your battery. The code starts with a digit and a letter; 14 would indicate 2014 and it is followed by a number denoting the month A being January, B being February and so on. The older your battery is, the more likely it may need to be replaced.
- Be aware of the climate you live in. Higher temperature climates have a harsher impact on battery life than colder climates do.
Signs and Symptoms of a Dying Battery
- Slow or delayed cranking upon starting your vehicle.
- Check Battery dashboard indicator light or warning displayed.
- Excessive corrosion buildup around battery terminal posts.
- Dimming of interior or exterior lights during operation.
Why Buy Car Batteries at Mercedes-Benz of Akron Service Center
Complimentary Battery Test and Inspection
Is your battery showing signs of wear? Stop in to our Service Center and get a complimentary test and inspection of your battery. Our Mercedes-Benz Certified Service Technicians will perform a battery test, remove any corrosion from battery terminals, install a replacement battery if required, and properly dispose of your old battery.
Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts and Certified Service Technicians
Your Mercedes-Benz was designed to operate using a specific type of battery. Mercedes-Benz of Akron carries Genuine Mercedes-Benz batteries that are designed to meet your vehicle’s original specifications. Certified Service Technicians will install your replacement battery using specialized parts, tools, and diagnostic equipment. Enjoy the confidence of knowing that your Mercedes-Benz will continue to provide years of carefree driving.